Monday, August 01, 2005

True Love

On September 4 of this year, Ashland Oregon will become famous for something other than its annual Shakespeare Festival. On that day in Ashland, at the Windsor inn, Jason Asher will be wedding his beloved Kaela.

Because of prior commitments, it is simply not possible for Kathy or I to be there, which is a heartbreak. For me it will be much like "the event of a lifetime" because it will be an occassion for the gathering of so many people that I cherish and treasure. How I would have loved to see you all - not to mention witnessing the union (or shall I say, precursor to the union? wink wink nudge nudge say no more) of two pretty glorious transcendant humans.

So, here's to you, dear ones. Thank you for letting me participate to a degree in your lives, and now in your partnership. May you fill the world with little Jasons and Kaelas.

And here's to you, Jenelle, Brandon, Erin, Blake, and every other attender that I know and love: please raise a glass of generic non-alcoholic beverage for me in honor of the happy couple and yourselves. As you know, angels will be dancing and singing along with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home